Google is offering free calling via it's Gmail service to members of the United States Military. This offer will last through the end of 2011. Troops serving overseas will be able to use Gmail to call friends and family at home for free, provided they have a valid United States Military (.Mil) email address.
Two Steps To Enable Calling From Your Gmail Account
Step 1: Add your .mil address to your Google Account:
- Sign in on the Google Accounts homepage.
- Click Edit next to ‘Email addresses.'
- Add your .mil email in the ‘Add an additional email address' field.
- Click Save. You will receive an email at your .mil address.
- Open the verification email and click the verification link.
Step 2: Click the ‘Call phone' link in your chat roster and use the dialpad to make calls. You may be prompted to install the Voice & Video Chat plugin.
Calling through your Gmail account is very similar to Skype and also allows video calling if both parties are enabled. To learn more about this offer from check out the official Gmal Blog.
Latest posts by Gary (see all)
- A Guide To Marketing Automation for Small Business - March 14, 2020
- Threshold Resistance: Improve Your Offers For Better Conversions - October 24, 2019
- Google Adwords: How To Set Your Online Advertising Budget - October 9, 2019