2020 has been a horrible year for most small businesses. The Covid19 pandemic along with the ensuing lock downs have brought thousands of small business to the brink of closing with little positive light at the end of the tunnel.
While some businesses were able to make the best of this crisis, mostly by moving to ecommerce and conducting virtual business, many did not have the options or resources to make the changes necessary to keep their business pipelines flowing.
The sad part is that during this crisis, large multi-national corporations were not only able to survive but actually thrived during this period. Their stocks are at record numbers and their outlook is bright. Their infrastructure and lobbying power were able to keep them open during this crisis while most small businesses were forced to close and had little recourse in the matter.
Small, local businesses need our help.
Many won’t make it to 2021 unless they have a strong holiday season.
So what can you do to help? Some ideas are:
- If there is a local alternative than a big box store or major ecommerce website, buy local, even if you have to pay a little more.
- Buy gift certificates from local businesses and give them out as gifts this year.
- Patronize local mom & pop restaurants, they don’t have the support or resources larger chain eateries have in place to help them through hard times.
- Examine your buying habits and change them in small ways when you can.
We’ve been conditioned to always go with the cheaper price, even if it’s negligible, and to buy from places that make it easy for us to do so.
Consider making a change this holiday season and go out of your way to support your local businesses that help make your community what it is.
They need our help more than ever.
Latest posts by webmaster (see all)
- Support Local Businesses This Holiday Season – They Need Our Help More Than Ever - November 20, 2020
- How Real Estate Agents Can Generate Leads Using Sales Funnels - April 7, 2020
- Barnacle SEO: How To Dominate The Local Search Results Using Other Websites - November 20, 2019